cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Camera Glitch??

LaurenS
Apprentice

Has anyone seen something like this before? Out of 40-something shots taken with my Canon 5d Mark III, this one randomly glitched out. Just curious if anyone else has seen something like this and if so, do you know what caused it? All the other images were perfectly fine.

B79E52FA-D41A-4D8C-8A70-F53D9C7A56EB.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority
1. Was it the same when you watched the picture at the camera display?
2. Writing error may give this kind of image corruption. From camera to memory card or memory card to computer.
3. If it is an SD card, low level format it in camera. If it is a CF card, format it in camera.
4. If it happens again, use a different card.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Two things, this is a transfer error by the editing software you are using.  Was it a Raw file or jpg?

Or, the SD or CF whichever card is bad.  Bottom line for me though is, new memory cards. Formatting the cards isn't sufficient  guarantee it won't happen again if it is the cards.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, LaurenS, take it from an ole photographer. If you are a real serious photographer for hire, never shoot the entire event on a single card.  Always buy smaller cards, 16s are good, and switch them out.  For a typical wedding I generally used 3 or 4 CF cards. And, at least two cameras!

Always shoot Raw format, too. No extra charge foir that tip! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements