Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebCam Utility for EOS 70D

Mandi
Contributor

Hello

I just DL the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 Windows

Installed fine and when I try a zoom test meeting it does 'see' the option but there is no video, just the basic screen. 

I can little info on settings or options that might need to be set to make it work.  What am I missing?

FW 1.1.3

Screen Shot 10-03-20 at 01.39 PM.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I have never seen a red "X" before.  It is almost ss it is telling you that it does not see a camera plugged into the computer.

Does the camera connect to the EOS Utility?  This would show that the cable is good.  I recommend that you delete any copy of the EOS Utility on your computer, and re-install EOS Utility 3.  It should also install EOSU 2, too.  The Webcam Utility seems like it needs some of the device drivers installed by the EOS Utility 3 to operate properly.

Once you have the EOS Utility working, you need to disable the EOS Utility Launcher.  On a Windows 10 PC, there should be an icon for it in the system tray.  Right-click on the icon, and select "Exit".  

Turn on your camera, and focus it on your subject using Live View mode.  Turn off AF in the lens for now.  Switch the camera to movie mode, and turn it off.  Connect it to the computer via USB, and turn it on.  

When you open an app that uses the webcam, you should hear a click from the camera as it raises the mirror.  Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements