cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video frame shifts down then up during video recording 70D

Dream77
Apprentice

I'm new to the forum and have learned a lot.

I'm having something happen that is driving me crazy. On my 70D, sometimes when recording video, I am seeing an issue intermittently where the frame is briefly shifting down for a brief second and the back up. I noticed this happen several times during my last recording and it has happened with two Canon cameras I own. I don't know how to really explain what is happening and I'm having a hard time searching if someone also has seen this happen. I tried different SD cards, lenses etc.

A video clip is attached for you to see what is happening. I appreciate any help!

Camera is a 70D and a Canon EFS 15-85 Lens with the lens AF and Stabilizer on and ServoAF off in the camera.

First one at 0:03

Second at 0:10

Third at 0:15

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You do not need IS when your camera is on a tripod.  Turn it off.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks Waddizzle. I'll try that to see if it stops it.

Greetings,

We can clearly see the "frame dip" you mention.  

I agree that disabling IS as Wadizzle suggests will be the fix. 

You going to share that recipie with us?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Shadowsports!

I had a video shoot last night and turned off the IS while on the tripod. I'm reviewing the footage, will let you know if that did it!

I appreciate all the help.

Recipe is pork shumai !

Thanks to everyone, that fixed it! Turning the IS off while on the tripod did the trick. No more frame jumps.

I appreciate all the help!

Announcements