cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow photo download by USB with canon 6D

zimo
Apprentice

Hi,

As in topic I have problem with downloading the photos byt the usb. I am using the USB 3.0 port on Windows 8.1. Downlonding 8GB takes a few hours. This is inaceptable.  When I put the SD card directly to the card reader it goes very fast.  BTW my cards is 45/Mbs  fast. So is it normal or maby it is just my model. Anyway to fix it ?

10 REPLIES 10

@zimo wrote:

downloading from camera coneted by usb with eos utility is very slow = problem with EOS utility

As you can see it only occures when I use EOS utility. I have tried both with EOS v. 2 and 3

Yes, I understand that, and I agree that EOS utility is connected to the issue.  However, diagnosing what the problem is isn't so easy.  I have used EOS utility in the past to DL images and it wasn't near as slow as yours, so it's not EOS utility itself.  It's EOS utility and something else.  You don't know if it's just the software, or if it's having a conflict with the camera, or the USB bus on your computer, or maybe another piece of software is running that is conflicting with EOS utility.  Maybe your WiFi is on and it's conflicting with connecting via wireless to EOS utility?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements