cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical line on all jpeg images

olegolsh
Apprentice

hi guys,

From yestarday I have issue with my new Canon 5D Mark IV, on all jpeg images I see vertical line in the midle of frame. I don't see this line on RAW images. This line can be seen on camera display when I review captured image and the same line I can see when I'm using external programm for viewing/editing image.

Please help me to recognize what can be reason for this line.

Regards,

Oleg

18 REPLIES 18

Start by making sure that your 5D4 has the latest firmware. I bought a new one last week, and it was at least two revisions behind.

Do the lines appear on JPEGs taken with the camera or on JPEGs converted from RAW files (that don't have the problem)? If the latter, what program is doing the RAW conversion?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

hi Bob, thank you for replay. This line firstly was appeared, when I captured video on this camera and now it on each image or video. 

The one vertical line appears on JPEGs taken with the camera and I can see this line on camera's screen when using life view mode.

Regarding Firmware version you are right. On camera I see version 1.0.4 and on Canon site 1.1.2. Do you think this firmware software issue?

Image_with_line.jpg

Best Regards,

Oleg

@olegolsh wrote:

hi Bob, thank you for replay. This line firstly was appeared, when I captured video on this camera and now it on each image or video. 

The one vertical line appears on JPEGs taken with the camera and I can see this line on camera's screen when using life view mode.

Regarding Firmware version you are right. On camera I see version 1.0.4 and on Canon site 1.1.2. Do you think this firmware software issue?

Image_with_line.jpg

Best Regards,

Oleg

I doubt it, but that is something they may ask you when you call Canon Support. Actually, I'd be inclined not to update the firmware, just to keep things as much like they were when the problem arose. But I do think you have to call Canon Support; that's not something that can simply be ignored. My guess is that it will require a warranty repair.

I assume you've tried a different card? It doesn't really look like a card error, but I suppose it's a possibility that needs to be ruled out.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Post a sample photo.  Smiley Frustrated

"I don't see this line on RAW images"

You can't see or view a Raw photo at all. Not possible. It has to be processed into some other format like a jpg. 

"I'm using external programm for viewing/editing image."

This leads me to believe it is something happening when you convert the image. Look at whatever "external programm for viewing/editing" you are using. It is faulty.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you for reply. The first month camera worked perfect, but from yestarday this vertical line. I see it on camera display when just prepare to capture (in life view mode).

The same on video and on image.

Tried to clean sensor, not help. What to do?

Best Regards,

Oleg

"Tried to clean sensor, not help"

It is not a dirty sensor as you found out.   I doubt it is a FW issue either but I would do the update.  

It could very well be a bad sensor and I think a call to Canon support is in order.

EB

A line created by a defective LCD or sensor will be sharply defined, often only one pixel wide.  A line created by a bright light which overloads the sensor (called "blooming") will be many pixels wide and will go away when the camera is pointed away from the light. Flare, caused by a bright light striking the lens, even outside the field of view, will be wide, fairly diffuse and also go away when the light no longer strikes the lens.

EB

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
That’s not normal. Contact Canon service. You’ll probably need to send it in for warranty service.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

olegolsh
Apprentice
I have been in garanty center and they sayed me that corrupted matrix. Cureuption can be done by laser when camera captured video. Do you know how can be much matrix for mark iv?
Announcements