cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanishing files from SD card

zedvictor1
Contributor

Hello

I took several dozen photos with my 60D, showed a couple of them to my wife (on the camera screen) and then set the camera down.  Two hours later when I inserted the SanDisk Extreme 16GB card into my computer, none of the new shots was there.  Other files were still on the card, but not the. most recent ones.

Can anyone suggest what foolish thing I did?  I certainly don't want a repeat of this.

Thank-you.

4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority
Once I took a half full card out of the camera while the camera was on, then popped it back in and shot more. The camera decided to make a 2nd file folder on the card, so there were 2 file folders on the card. It freaked me out the same as you thinking I had lost half of the shots I took that day until I looked carefully. Not sure why it did that.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thank-you, Scott.

I can't seem to find any other folders.  Could it be invisible, somehow?

Steve

I never did discover the cause for this.  I downloaded software to find the files, but they weren't there. I must have done something foolish but I can't think of what it might be.  So, I bought a new SD card and reformatted the old ones.  I'm not certain I can trust the old cards though!

Thanks.

"I'm not certain I can trust the old cards though!"

Don't.  Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements