cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Eye-Fi ProX2 card with 1Ds Mk III

ameripol
Apprentice

Just bought the Eye-Fi  16gb Pro-X2 card. Cannot get it to work in my EOS 1Ds MkIII. Eye-fi help says there is a eye-fi setting on the camera menu. There isn't on mine. I tried to update the camera's WFT E2A firmware thinking it might help. Can't get it to update either. 

Suggestions on getting the issues solved?

thanks.

art

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have an Eye-Fi card, but all my cameras do have an Eye-Fi menu (well... except for my 5D II but that doesn't even have an SD slot...it's CF only).  I did some digging... based on what I can find, the 1Ds III does not actually have an on-camera menu to configure the Eye-Fi.  The Eye-Fi card, it's network, etc. all have to be pre-configured by using a PC or Mac before putting the card in the camera.  

Once it's configured via the computer, you can insert it into the camera and just make sure you are sending your images to that card (the SD slot instead of the CF slot) and it's supposed to work.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Are you running camera firmware v1.2.3 in your 1Ds III?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

Are you running camera firmware v1.2.3 in your 1Ds III?

Yes I am using 1.2.3, First thing I did was make sure I had downloaded latest firmware just in case. 

I have an Eye-Fi card, but all my cameras do have an Eye-Fi menu (well... except for my 5D II but that doesn't even have an SD slot...it's CF only).  I did some digging... based on what I can find, the 1Ds III does not actually have an on-camera menu to configure the Eye-Fi.  The Eye-Fi card, it's network, etc. all have to be pre-configured by using a PC or Mac before putting the card in the camera.  

Once it's configured via the computer, you can insert it into the camera and just make sure you are sending your images to that card (the SD slot instead of the CF slot) and it's supposed to work.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

And I finally got it to work in spite of poor support from Eye-Fi. Thanks Tim. Grateful for the support and care.
Announcements