cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help

Thelastwolfie
Apprentice
I have a instagram page where i upload pictures of my ducky.

I use a Canon EOS 80D and I'm having a issue where the camera has a delay to take the picture and when it does take the picture despite using autofocus, it comes out blurry -4-
4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try one shot AF with only the center point active. Better?

Thelastwolfie
Apprentice
I have no idea what setting i had it on that it kept blurring pictures, thanks!

You need to know how you previously did it and what changed.  If you don't, it may be hard to guess what went wrong.

In the meantime, reset the camera to factory. Use P mode, AF on the lens, ISO 200 with decent light. One shot and just the center AF point in the 80D.

This will wokr for your "ducky"!  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Thelastwolfie wrote:
I have no idea what setting i had it on that it kept blurring pictures, thanks!

There are two common causes for blurry pictures.  One is too slow of a shutter speed caused by shooting in low light.  The second common cause is the lens MF/AF being set to MF.  Of course, there are many other reasons and combination of factors.  

The easiest way to use the camera is to select the Green [A], Automatic Mode, on the top green dial.  The camera will try to select everything automatically for you.  The biggest problem is that it many not always focus where you want it.  It will always try to focus on what it thinks is the closest object to the camera. 

But, there are other shooting modes, each with different levels of exposure automation.  The best mode to learn the camera and photography basics is P mode, which has been suggested above.

Follow the advice you have been given.  Use the Quick Menu, the [Q] button opens it, to review and change your camera exposure settings.

• Shooting Mode: Select the “P” shooting mode
  • ISO Value:  Select “Auto” or a low value ranging from 100-800.
  • AF Mode. Select “One Shot” autofocusing mode.
  • Drive Mode: Select “Single Shot” drive mode.
  • AF Points: Enable all AF points active, but it is better to manually select the center AF point

That should just about cover it the basic settings.  All of them are the camera’s default settings.  In fact, resetting the camera back to a known state, the factory defaults, is usually good idea when you have set something that changed the camera, but you do not remember what you did.  There is a menu selection that lets you reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements