cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading photos Direct to DPP

BirdmadAL
Apprentice

I have Windows 10 on pc and use Canon DPP .When connecting the camera I wish to by-pass Windows Photos uploader, which automatically uploads pictures, and allow DPP only to upload any pictures? Any help much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Ray-uk
Whiz

DPP isn't really designed to do that. I always use a piece of free software called "Digital Image Mover" it has a lot of advantages and is far more versatile than Microsofts offering. A google search will find it.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can use Canon EOS Utility to download photos from camera.

Annotation 2020-04-24 174203.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have been using EOS utility for file transfer since buying my first 1 series back in 2005 and it is an easy system to use that works well.  File transfer is very fast with most bodies and it is the way I have been working with the EOS series for over a decade.

The only issue I have run into is with some of the goofy Windows 10 updates that have forced me to reconfigure the ethernet settings (I use the 1 series ethernet ports for transfer rather than USB) but that is a problem due to the very problematic and unstable Win 10 operating system that screws up a multitude of new things with every update, NOT an EOS utility issue.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

I have been using EOS utility for file transfer since buying my first 1 series back in 2005 and it is an easy system to use that works well.  File transfer is very fast with most bodies and it is the way I have been working with the EOS series for over a decade.

The only issue I have run into is with some of the goofy Windows 10 updates that have forced me to reconfigure the ethernet settings (I use the 1 series ethernet ports for transfer rather than USB) but that is a problem due to the very problematic and unstable Win 10 operating system that screws up a multitude of new things with every update, NOT an EOS utility issue.

Rodger

I like using DPP for file transfers, too.  I especially like being able to create custom file and folder names during the download.  I can "pre-sort" files before I import them into the Adobe LR/PS environment.  I like LR because I can apply various types of masks, something which Canon's DPP lacks.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have Windows 10 on pc and use Canon DPP..."

Not directly your asked for answer but Lightroom is so much better than DPP4, I would suggest you give it a try. Its import flexibility and presets are well worth it. It can be set-up to improt when you connect the camera to the computer without input from you. Any and all preset settings, or none, your choice, will be applied automatically.  Once imported, LR's editing controls are far above what DPP4 can do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Lightroom is a great program. I have been using it since it was first released as a trial product. It wasn’t even a 1.0 version.

But, not everyone is willing to commit to the subscription model for $9.99/month.

And, if you decide its no longer for you it stops working as a development tool.

DPP doesn’t have a smooth interface, it can be slow and it really isn’t great as a local editor. But, it is the most accurate developer for Canon RAW files and the Digital Lens Optimizer lens profile tool is excellent.

The “open directly” Lightroom plugin lets me easily move a RAW file from LR over to DPP for initial processing and when ready send a TIFF back to LR for further work.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements