cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to EOS 5D Mark IV from a 5D Mark II

allenjh
Apprentice

Will the Canon BG-E6 Battery Grip from my 5D Mark II work with the 5D Mark IV?

Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Will the Canon BG-E6 Battery Grip from my 5D Mark II work with the 5D Mark IV?"

You know I get questions like this a lot. Mostly folks buy this expensive DSLR and then handicap it with poor third world quality lenses. Geeze, man! My answer always is, you are buying a top of the line best in class DSLR and now you want to cheap it up with gear that was not designed for it.  Get the new correct grip and batteries, too, that are designed for it.  Made by Canon!

When I bought my Mark IV, B&H was throwing in the appropriate Canon grip. I don't know whether that has happened since (actually, I think it has, at least once), but you might want to keep an eye out for it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon sells a BG-E20 for the 5D Mark IV.  If the old one seems to function, it may not have the proper weather sealing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Will the Canon BG-E6 Battery Grip from my 5D Mark II work with the 5D Mark IV?"

You know I get questions like this a lot. Mostly folks buy this expensive DSLR and then handicap it with poor third world quality lenses. Geeze, man! My answer always is, you are buying a top of the line best in class DSLR and now you want to cheap it up with gear that was not designed for it.  Get the new correct grip and batteries, too, that are designed for it.  Made by Canon!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

When I bought my Mark IV, B&H was throwing in the appropriate Canon grip. I don't know whether that has happened since (actually, I think it has, at least once), but you might want to keep an eye out for it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements