Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Canon 6D turns itself off after a few shots with fully charged battery - amazing Canon service

[ Edited ]

You may be "bleeping crazy" who knows but this situation is certainly not helping! Smiley Very Happy A little levity there.

You and I must conclude there is nothing wrong with the camera, however.... Now we still need to look else where for the problem.

"The only choice left for me to drive there ..." 

How far away is the facility? I left off the throw it in there faces part. Not a good idea even though you may want to. Smiley Mad

Did they test your battery and charger like we thought? It seems there hasn't been enough time to do that.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor

Re: Update: Video - Canon 6D turns itself off after a few shots with fully charged battery

Hi Sorry for your struggles!  I just bought a 6D last month and it is doing the same thing yours is.  I was curious if you had any resolution yet?  I am taking it back tomorrow to get a refund tomorrow since it is less than 30 days.

New Contributor

Re: Update: Video - Canon 6D turns itself off after a few shots with fully charged battery

Hello all,

I bought a 6D 3 weeks ago and I'm having exactly the same issue.

The camera just turns off by it self and no way to turn it back on straight away.

If I'm lucky I can turn it on back after a few sec.. if not, then it will take a few minutes ..

I'm using canon batteries, the first time I was charging the batterie it took like 24h to have it fully charged ...

This camera is giving me a really hard time as I'm suppose to use it for wedding films !

Any way to resolve this annoying problem ?

I live in Germany and bought the camera in Germany aswell.

Occasional Contributor

I guess I need to update this thread just for the closure. In the end, Canon showed great customer service and replaced the unit for me, though their engineers were not able to recreate the issue on their end. Maybe the electricity I used to charge the battery is not compatible Smiley Very Happy You know, nuclear power Smiley Tongue

I am happy with the replacement so far, and I don't seem to have the same issue yet. Though I haven't done a rigorous test .

Given there are other incidences, I am thinking there may be a bug that they just haven't figured out yet. According to my google result, this also happens on 60D as well.

Good luck everyone.

New Contributor

Ok, thank you for your answer...

Good to hear that you came to an end and they replaced the camera.

I contacted Canon Germany this morning and explained them the problem... so I'm waiting them to answer and for the next step.

take care and enjoy your new toy ;-)

I also bought the 70D ... if this camera would be a full frame, this this one would just be a beast .. but by far, I prefere to film with the 70D.. except in low light...

Highlighted
New Contributor

MINE TOO-Canon 6D turns itself off after a few shots with fully charged battery

[ Edited ]

I have been Googling trying to find a solutiont to the exact same issue.

Ordered a refurbished Canon 6D, it arrived in pristine like new condition, takes awesome pics, but randomly after a few shots when it automatically powers down it will not resume.

I tried changing the time period for it to go into sleep mode after shooting, but either way it will randomly not awaken.

A few times after pressing the shutter half way it will just die.

Battery is full and shows as being full when camera is on. However when camera powers down the battery indicator will sometimes blink as if dead battery. Other times it shows nothing at all.

Guess I'll have to return it as I called Canon and the support person said he'd not heard of such an issue.

Frustrating because even in 2018 6D is a good value, and was looking forward to getting several years use out of it.