cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uneven lines in photo taken with eos 7d

mrbkpb
Apprentice

I just purchased the 7d and am using a Canon lens I already had (EF 85mm 1:1.8).  I tried it at the high school vollyeball game last night.  I am a novice at this and I understand that volleyball is very hard to photograph but I did manage to get a few decent shots but a lot of my decent shots have uneven sections (sctions of the photo are out of line) in them and I have no idea what to do to correct. 

I cannot attach an example as all of my pix are 6MB or above.  Below is the shooting information from one of the pix. Any ideas anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Shooting Mode Shutter-Priority AE

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400

Av( Aperture Value ) 2.2

ISO Speed 1600

Lens EF85mm f/1.8 USM

White Balance Mode Auto

AF Mode AI Servo AF

Drive Mode Low-speed continuous shooting

Auto ISO Speed OFF

Image Quality Fine

Long exposure noise reduction 0:Off

7 REPLIES 7

I have trouble visualizing what you mean by "sections of the photo are out of line". Can you elaborate?

As for the file size, convert the image to JPEG at a resolution that makes the file small enough to post. The lower resolution shouldn't affect the linearity of the image elements enough to matter in this context.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Here is one example. 

ScottyP
Authority
What lines are uneven? I am on a phone and maybe that is my problem but I don't see it.

We aren't talking about barrel distortion or pincushion distortion are we? Those are unavoidable when shooting something with lines like the bleachers here or grids like a brick wall but they easily correctable in post.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Maybe this picture shows it a little better:

Ouch. I do see that.

Are these shot in RAW images or are they shot jpg? What program are you using to process them? Is the camera new? Are there firmware updates you don't have yet? I recall there was a firmware release a couple of years ago for 7d.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

I just purchased this on 10/8 so i would hope it is up to date but purchased from a place I've never dealt with before.   Firmware running is version 2.0.5.  I haven't tried shooting in RAW since I am new to this so it's JPG.  I also had issues uploading photos to Shutterfly (of the few good ones I did get), when I uploaded in the forum it let me know that there was a link that had to be removed and for some of them my cameral shows ' Cannot playback image'.  When I researched the last issue, 2 of the 3 items didn't apply but the 3rd was a possible issue with my (new) memory card.  Wondering if it's a simple as that?  Also, right now just using Windows Photo Viewer to look at the pictures on my computer.

Thanks so much for your input!

Did you format the card before shooting? If that doesn't help and you try a 2nd card and get the same results I would send it back for a replacement.
Scott

Announcements