cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Cable IFC-200U

chief
Rising Star

Just purchased a 6d Mark ll and it does not come with interface cable to transfer images from camera to computer/MacBook Pro. When checking on Canon website it shows this interface cable  USB Cable IFC -200 U but  does not list 6d Mark ll as compatible. What kind and where do I buy  cable that works?

9 REPLIES 9

@chiefwrote:

Just purchased a 6d Mark ll and it does not come with interface cable to transfer images from camera to computer/MacBook Pro. When checking on Canon website it shows this interface cable but  does not list 6d Mark ll as compatible. What kind and where do I buy this cable?

B&H sells high-quality USB cables that aren't very expensive.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I saw those but they say are not compatible am I missing something?

Hello!

This is just a standard USB Type A to Mini B cable. The kind that most of our cameras, and most older cell phones used to used to use. It was the standard for quite a while, and should be fairly easy to find. 

This is what the camera end should look like:
Mini USB.jpg

@chiefwrote:

I saw those but they say are not compatible am I missing something?

That cable should work ...

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/AllAccessoriesDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&produc...

... although an IFC-400U is the listed accessory. My 6D2 works with all of my cables that work with the 6D.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Just my .02 cents...

How about $5 (Err, $4.79) [link disabled per forum guidelines]

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

I do not see what cable you are refering to on Canon site, the one cable on that site is a ifc 400cpu which is out of stock and does not list the 6d or 6d mark ll as compatible. I wonder why this camera does not come with the interface cable

@chiefwrote:
I do not see what cable you are refering to on Canon site, the one cable on that site is a ifc 400cpu which is out of stock and does not list the 6d or 6d mark ll as compatible. I wonder why this camera does not come with the interface cable

That surprises me too. I believe all my Canon cameras have come with the appropriate cable, including my wife's 7D2, which uses micro-USB 3.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@chiefwrote:

Take another look at the page.  It is the "Accessories" page for the 6D Mark II.  

Why Canon would not include a cable with the camera is beyond my understanding.  It is not like the cost of the cable would have a major impact on the cost, as it would with the Point and Shoot market.

[EDIT]  I just took another look, and the IFC-200 cable is listed.  You have to scroll on the right side of the page to see it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

6D2 doesn't come with a cable...  

My T6s did...  but not the 6D2

This is all you get 

EOS 6D Mark II Body

Eyecup Eb (not shown)

Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS6DMKII

Battery Pack LP-E6N

Battery Charger LC-E6

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Announcements