cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two pointers on lightmeter

peteck18
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm a new 90d user, and sometimes I'm seeing that in M mode when I'm adjusting my lightmeter I see two pointers. I am NOT autobracketing. Why would this happen?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The manual is your friend. One indicates what the camera thinks is the standard exposure, the other indicates what you have set.

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The manual is your friend. One indicates what the camera thinks is the standard exposure, the other indicates what you have set.

Untitled.jpg

Thank you!!!!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@peteck18 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a new 90d user, and sometimes I'm seeing that in M mode when I'm adjusting my lightmeter I see two pointers. I am NOT autobracketing. Why would this happen?

Thanks!

Are you sure?  The only time the extra pointers appear is during a bracketed shot sequence.  They are showing you the range of exposures.  They go away one at a time as you take each shot.  

Try this!  You can test to see it auto-bracketing is enabled.  If you use the shutter delay timer, all three shots will be captured without any further intervention on your part.  C.Fn.1 has an automatic bracketing auto cancel setting.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements