Did you mean: 

Two Cameras one way too dark.

rondog99
Contributor

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You are doing Infrared Astrophotography?  Yes, so I assume you know your way around a camera?

Sometimes the most basic thing is overlooked.  Make sure you Clear All Settings on both cameras.  You did take it to a service man that understands IR cameras?

Can you show some samples with exif?  And are you shooting the exact same subject at the exact time?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I own and use a 60Da.  I'm not sure what you mean by "manual mode auto exposure".  Normally astrophotography is always done in manual mode (because metering is worthless).  Are you trying to get the camera to use auto-ISO?  I wouldn't recommend that for astro-imaging work because the metering is not going to be reliable.

If you use any form of an auto exposure (even auto ISO) and the camera has any amount of image compensation dialed in then you could have this problem.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

rondog99
Contributor

Sorry, I did not make myself clear. I'm doing time lapse so I'm moving from bright sunlight to night. I use auto ISO adjustments along with manual adjustments. Here's an example, this has not been adjusted. https://vimeo.com/131782747

Since I had one repaired the images are darker when using the auto ISO. 

I was hoping it was a setting. I will try to set up a test, but one or both cameras are running most of day.

Today I have downloaded over 10,000 images from both cameras, so knowing what came from camera is hard.

Sorry for the confusion

Thanks

Ron

@rondog99 wrote:

Sorry, I did not make myself clear. I'm doing time lapse so I'm moving from bright sunlight to night. I use auto ISO adjustments along with manual adjustments. Here's an example, this has not been adjusted. https://vimeo.com/131782747

Since I had one repaired the images are darker when using the auto ISO. 

I was hoping it was a setting. I will try to set up a test, but one or both cameras are running most of day.

Today I have downloaded over 10,000 images from both cameras, so knowing what came from camera is hard.

Sorry for the confusion

Thanks

Ron

Are you using the same metering mode on both cameras?

What metering mode is it?

Are both cameras aimed at the exact same place?

Are the cameras identical and do they have the same version of firmware?

One of the cameras won't start will reply when I get it working.

Thanks For your help.

Ron

Announcements