05-16-2015 11:32 AM
After getting to step 8 of the upgrade process the screen is at Firware update progrm but in middle of screen it stays on loading... I've verified the file name and size is good. I tried both by copying file to CF card and by connecting camera to my iMac. Same results. My computer is an iMac running 10.10.3
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-16-2015 03:36 PM - edited 05-16-2015 03:37 PM
It takes a while for the firmware to load.
Longer than you would expect.
Interupting the process can damage the camera.
Be very careful stopping the update process.
FWIW, I always update directly from the memory card.
05-16-2015 10:06 PM
Maybe you already did these...
Be sure to format the memory card in-camera before loading the FW onto it (or even if you are uploading from your computer... there has to be a mem card in the camera even when doing that).
I don't know if there's are different versions of FW for Mac vs PC installation, might double check you have the right one.
05-17-2015 03:13 AM
Thanks to William at Technical Support. He provided some reset steps to take (see below line) that fixed the problem and allowed me to upgrade to 1.0.4. After following his steps I once again formated both the CF and SD cards in the camera. This time I copied the FIR file to the SD card and only put the SD card into the camera before doing the firmware upgrade. Thank you very much William.
1. Make sure the camera is off, and then remove the battery, memory card, and lens.
2. Close the battery/memory card doors.
3. Turn the power switch to the "ON" position, and then press and hold down the shutter button for 10 seconds.
4. Release the shutter button, turn the power switch to the "OFF" position, reinsert the battery, memory card, and attach the lens.
5. Power the camera on.
1. While the camera is on turn the mode dial to "P" (Program mode), which allows all menu options to become available, then press the menu button.
2. Move across the top of the menu to the last wrench tab. (Yellow tabs)
3. Go down the menu list to "Clear Settings" and press the Set button.
4. Choose "Clear all Camera Settings", and press the set button.
5. To complete the reset highlight "OK" and press the Func./Set button again.
6. Next, move over to the Custom Functions menu list.
7. Reset the "Clear all Custom Func." settings as well.
Before attempting the update again remove the lens from the camera body.