cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find a Diopter +1 for my 5D Mark II. Having no luck

marklori43
Contributor

My eyes ar week and I am trying to find a Diopter E +1 that will work on my 5D Mark II.  I see them on the internet, but none show my camera as a fit.  I see the 5D Mark III, but I don;'t know if it has the same fit as mine.  Help.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The online  retailer B&H Photo Video has an extensive selection of Canon diopters.  I cannot be certain which ones will fit the 5D Mark II, though, because they are not referenced in that fashion. 

They offer one, Canon +1 Diopter E, which is supposed to fit "most EOS Cameras."  Check with your owner's manual, or with Canon, to be certain.  Even if you do order it from B&H, and it doesn't fit, they get excellent reviews for their return policy.

Personally, I'm in the same boat.  The adjustment range, -3 to +1, on my 6D doesn't do it for me.  I think I need something on the order of -4, or even -5, perhaps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I had called Canon, they had no available options, but directed me to search the internet.  I went to B&H and ordered a +1 diopter lens (CADP1E) which snaps on my Canon 5D Mark II perfectly and works great.

Issues:

B&H told me my stock rubber frame would accept this part, it does not.  The stock rubber frame can be removed from the plastic piece.  The new part is smaller than the original rubber frame and cannot connect into the original plastic part that can come off the camera.

Hopeful resolution:

Everyone keeps mentioning this EB Rubber frame, so I ordered it today.  We wil see if this resolves all.  total cost including shipping for both parts adds up to $25.00.

I am using it without the rubber hood right now but it makes a dramatic difference.

From camera manual:

image.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need to purchase the E diopter and the Eb rubber frame.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I called Canon and they said they had nothing that would work for the 5D Mark II.  They suggested searching the internet for after market ones.

What are the part numbers?  I called Canon and they had no solution.

Check out the online retailer that I suggested, BHPhotoVideo.  They seem to have both the diopter that I listed, and the rubber frame that John listed in stock.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements