cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering to Lightroom.

dbonnice
Apprentice

This happens with both my 7Dm2 and my 1Dxm2 so I am hoping it is a setup issue.

I am shooting an event where there can be a lull in the activity. The camera is tetherd via USB to my laptop running Lightroom. Everything is great until the activity stops and the camera sleeps or I turn it off. Upon starting back up, the camera thinks it is to go into file transfer mode instead of tethering. Anyway to avoid going into file transfer mode and right into tether?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was DPP. I removed it and it now works as desired.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Windows 10 or Mac?

I don't see this with my 1DX and LR on Win 10.  But I have not shot tethered with the latest upgrade to Win 10 yet which for me has been, well let's say less than pleasant.

BTW, if you are not using active USB cables, I think you should get one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My laptop is running Windows 7. Lightroom is Classic CC.

I am using an Active USB cable. 

I just noticed I am behind in firmware so I'll try updating that to see if it helps.

"I just noticed I am behind in firmware..."

I doubt this will help but if your LR isn't on the latest update that might be the problem. Canon FW updates generally do stuff to make their stuff work. Not Adobe's.

You need version 6.6 fo LR CC.

"My laptop is running Windows 7"

Resist going to Win 10. Smiley Sad  Until MS can get it's act together.

EB

Lightroom is the latest 7.5. Firmware is now at 1.1.6. It may be because EOS Utility and DPP are starting once the camera is powered on.

Hmmm. The lack of others having this issue (I tried dpreview.com and a couple Facebook forums before coming here) points to my individual setup. 

" It may be because EOS Utility and DPP are starting once the camera is powered on."

Yeah, I would disable them.  Actually, I would uninstall them altogether since you have LR.  You don't need them.

EB

It was DPP. I removed it and it now works as desired.

Announcements