cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering LR

joannascipior
Apprentice
I have a problem with tethering, when I start tethering using tether cable, my camera canon 5d mark iv is dedected, but images aren't seen on LR only on my camera. I don't know what is wrong.
27 REPLIES 27

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
OP said “first I didnt have Eos utility when I was try tethering, when it wasnt worked I installed EOS”

I would not expect it to work under those conditions.  Where would LR get the USB drivers to talk to the camera?  I have always installed the EOSU, so I would not know if LR can talk to a Canon DSLR without first installing it.

Besides, if the EOSU is running, doesn't that block LR from reaching or seeing the camera, anyway?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Both Windows and macOS will recognize the camera without EOSU being installed.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/tethering-with-canon-5d-mark-iv/td-p/9159019

Maybe something here will help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I assumed the OP did this but I guess you never should assume anything.

Make sure that Canon Utility is not running and doesn't autostart on your computer which the OP did.

Turn OFF camera's wifi (found in Communications Settings in Tools menu 4, OP do check this.

Turn OFF camera's auto ftp (found in Communications Settings in Tools menu 4, OP do check this.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I assumed the OP did this but I guess you never should assume anything.

Make sure that Canon Utility is not running and doesn't autostart on your computer which the OP did.

Turn OFF camera's wifi (found in Communications Settings in Tools menu 4, OP do check this.

Turn OFF camera's auto ftp (found in Communications Settings in Tools menu 4, OP do check this.

I have already pointed out that the EOSU needs to be closed if it is running.  It will start up when the camera is switched on, so it needs to be closed.

As for the rest of those checks, if the EOSU works for remote shooting, then all of those communication settings are what they should be.

"I have already pointed out that the EOSU needs to be closed if it is running."

And you pointed it out twice even after this was confirmed, "first I didnt have Eos utility when I was try tethering, when it wasnt worked I installed EOS.

EOSU is not the problem. Plus you never need EOSU to be able for Windows to see the camera or to use LR to tether.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I have already pointed out that the EOSU needs to be closed if it is running."

And you pointed it out twice even after this was confirmed, "first I didnt have Eos utility when I was try tethering, when it wasnt worked I installed EOS.

EOSU is not the problem. Plus you never need EOSU to be able for Windows to see the camera or to use LR to tether.

If you do not have Windows Media Player installed, WIndows 10 will not see the camera.  But, that is not my point, which was simple.  Once you install EOSU, then you have to make sure it is not running if you want to tether to LR.  That is all I wrote.

If you want to stop the EOSU from automatically starting up when you power up a connected camera, then do not tell Windows what to do.  Tell the Canon EOS Launcher what to do. 

Canon_EOSU_Startup.png

Its' icon appears on the taskbar with the clock. Open the menu by right-clicking on the EOSU Launcher icon.

" I didnt have Eos utility when I was try tethering, when it wasnt worked I installed EOS"

It could not have been running because it wasn't there. The OP installed it afterwards to see if the camera would tether at all.

EB

Geez man EOSU is not the problem!  Smiley Frustrated

EB
Announcements