cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering LR

joannascipior
Apprentice
I have a problem with tethering, when I start tethering using tether cable, my camera canon 5d mark iv is dedected, but images aren't seen on LR only on my camera. I don't know what is wrong.
27 REPLIES 27

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Geez man EOSU is not the problem!  Smiley Frustrated

"...Once you install EOSU, then you have to make sure it is not running if you want to tether to LR.  That is all I wrote."  I do not know what is wrong with you guys.  One simple sentence, which you yourself repeated.  Forgive me for pointing that out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I always understood your point. Now that the OP has installed EOSU she needs to be sure it is disabled except when she wants to use it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I understand your point. Now that the OP has installed EOSU she needs to be sure it is disabled except when she wants to use it. 

DING.  DING.  DING.  

OK, slowly, you pointed out a problem that had nothing to do with the OP issues.  Why, because EOSU was not installed on her computer. So, it had no bearing on this. There was/is no reason to state it has to be turned off.  It simply complicates the issue. The later suggestion was to see if the 5D4 would tether period and that is when EOSU got installed.

This...

"The EOSU can automatically startup when you connect a Canon DSLR camera and power it up.  Make sure EOSU is not running when you want to tether to LR."

Later...

"I would not expect it to work under those conditions.  Where would LR get the USB drivers to talk to the camera?  I have always installed the EOSU, so I would not know if LR can talk to a Canon DSLR without first installing it."

I have no idea where you got that part. Why do you think LR needs EOSU installed first.  I usually don't do that because I don't use EOSU and LR runs perfectly.  But once EOSU is installed, I am fully on your side, EOSU has to be off. It conflicts.

At this point if this has been done...

Make sure that Canon Utility is not running and doesn't autostart on your computer which the OP did.

Turn OFF camera's wifi (found in Communications Settings in Tools menu 4, OP do check this.

Turn OFF camera's auto ftp (found in Communications Settings in Tools menu 4, OP do check this.

The OP needs to get ahold of Adobe support which can be as daunting as this thread has become!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

OK, slowly, you pointed out a problem that had nothing to do with the OP issues.  Why, because EOSU was not installed on her computer. So, it had no bearing on this. There was/is no reason to state it has to be turned off.  It simply complicates the issue. The later suggestion was to see if the 5D4 would tether period and that is when EOSU got installed.

This...

"The EOSU can automatically startup when you connect a Canon DSLR camera and power it up.  Make sure EOSU is not running when you want to tether to LR."

Later...

"I would not expect it to work under those conditions.  Where would LR get the USB drivers to talk to the camera?  I have always installed the EOSU, so I would not know if LR can talk to a Canon DSLR without first installing it."

I have no idea where you got that part. Why do you think LR needs EOSU installed first.

"BTW,not every Windows 10 installation has the correct drivers.  Some people must first install Windows Media Player."

I don't know where you got it from, either.  But I do know this.  You have no idea what I am talking about.

To the OP: Please don't assume that this thread is typical of this forum.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@ebiggs1 wrote:

" I didnt have Eos utility when I was try tethering, when it wasnt worked I installed EOS"

It could not have been running because it wasn't there. The OP installed it afterwards to see if the camera would tether at all.

Uh, now that it is you have to make sure it is not in the way.  You even said as much yourself.  Why are you making such a bid deal over this..  All I said was if it is running, then you have to close it. You guys have gone off the deep end.  Geez.

BTW,not every Windows 10 installation has the correct drivers.  Some people must first install Windows Media Player.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What version of Lightroom?

Are you on a Mac? Is Image Capture connecting to the camera?

Are both cards in the camera? Try removing the card that isn’t serving as the playback card.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements