cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Canon Service

Yosvaldy
Contributor

Hey guys!

I'm really upset with the Canon Service Center. Two months ago I sent a 1DX to inspect (with dust inside the viewfinder). Canon Service contact me and they explain me that my camera needs a new pentaprism ($732). So I agreed to fixed, even when the camera was working and focusinf perfect. They "fixed" it and sent it back. Well, the viewfinder was still dirty and the AF system was not working. I sent it back, losing time and money (waiting for the camera to work). This time the AF come working but the sensor has few dots of dust. That was fine for me. Then I sent few weeks ago two cameras (5D mark III and another 1DX) for a full service (Sensor cleanin, viewfinder cleaning, etc). Well, both sensors still with dust and also the viewfinders. Im really upset with this because it cost $350 for boths cameras, and for what?

There is a way to claim directly with Canon about what is happening here, because my best guess, Canon Service dont have qualified technichians. 

3 Cameras sent, 3 cameras I have to re-sent.

Why?? Canon services are not cheap at all.

Please, help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yosvaldy
Contributor

So, the final solution is CPS... Thanks

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

@Yosvaldy wrote:

Hey guys!

I'm really upset with the Canon Service Center. Two months ago I sent a 1DX to inspect (with dust inside the viewfinder). Canon Service contact me and they explain me that my camera needs a new pentaprism ($732). So I agreed to fixed, even when the camera was working and focusinf perfect. They "fixed" it and sent it back. Well, the viewfinder was still dirty and the AF system was not working. I sent it back, losing time and money (waiting for the camera to work). This time the AF come working but the sensor has few dots of dust. That was fine for me. Then I sent few weeks ago two cameras (5D mark III and another 1DX) for a full service (Sensor cleanin, viewfinder cleaning, etc). Well, both sensors still with dust and also the viewfinders. Im really upset with this because it cost $350 for boths cameras, and for what?

There is a way to claim directly with Canon about what is happening here, because my best guess, Canon Service dont have qualified technichians. 

3 Cameras sent, 3 cameras I have to re-sent.

Why?? Canon services are not cheap at all.

Please, help!

Two observations:

1.  If you "lose time and money" (which implies that you're a professional) by having a camera in the shop, then you don't own enough cameras.

2.  You should be a member of Canon Professional Services (CPS). The $100 annual fee includes five complete cleanings for a camera or lens. It will look like new when you get it back.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

You were right, Robert... Sadly, I didn't own too many cameras. Thank you guys for all your responses, and sorry for sounding like an **bleep** sometimes, it was not my intention. 😟

Yosvaldy
Contributor

I will check the CPS membership, thanks.

You missed his point, CPS includes complementary lens/gear cleaning.  The number of items per year depends upon your membership level.  Gold is the $100 per year level and includes 5 complementary cleanings of DSLR bodies and/or glass and Canon pays return shipping.

See:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/canon-professional-services/about-cps

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

"I lose time taking two times the cameras into UPS store, putting insurance on it, also waiting for FedEx Delivery, shipping, etc... lose Money getting insured my gear?"

Smiley Frustrated

Not trying to be disrespectful but, is English your first language?  Perhaps you did not make it clear exactly what you wanted?

And, just how far are you shipping from? "$128 shipping and insurance."  That is an awfully big number.  Going by my own experience, I never paid more than $55 bucks (UPS) for S&I. SInce I was a CPS member Canon picked up the return for free.  Plus it is very fast turn around.  Never more than a week, total time!

IMHO, there is no company in any business that is better than Canon for CS and service in general.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Robert said...........

"1.  If you "lose time and money" (which implies that you're a professional) by having a camera in the shop, then you don't own enough cameras."

I totally agree with Bob.  You may have plenty of cameras but you are certainly doing something wrong if shipping a camera for service is a real concern causing you to lose business. It would be like a carpenter saying he couldn't build a house today because he didn't have his hammer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yosvaldy
Contributor
Thanks Roger...
sorry RobertTheFat, I was frustrated

I will check that CPS membership...

You are welcome and CPS is definitely worthwhile.  I hope that you get these issues resolved with Canon because my service encounters with them have been excellent and that seems to be what most people experience. 

Good luck!

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Yosvaldy
Contributor
Hi Roger!
What Canon service facility do you send your cameras?

Thanks
Announcements