cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamron lens and Canon

Grmo
Apprentice

Hi 

Can someone ples se help me with the following issue.  My father in law bought Canon fotoaparat EOS 6D Mark II and Tamron lens 16-300mm AF and the two arent fully compatible. Is there any accessories that Can make them fully compatible?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority

Don't mount APS-C lenses on a full-frame camera.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Is there any accessories that Can make them fully compatible?"

There are ways to do it but it is a horrible idea. It is a horrible idea on many fronts.  One and not the least is that Tamron lens is not worth it.  It will never work "fully compatible".

Why people get or buy very nice fairly expensive cameras and then want to put junk lenses on them is beyond me. Do yourself a favor and have a lot less frustrations and get yourself a real Canon lens for the 6D Mk II.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That lens cannot be used with the 6D.  It is made for APS-C sensor body cameras, while the 6D has a lager full frame image sensor.  I recommend browsing through the Canon Online Refurbished store, and return that Tamron.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-17-40-f-4l-usm-refurbished 

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-24-105mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-stm-refurbished-standard-zoom-le... 

The first link is to a Canon L series lens, their professional line of lenses.  The second link is to a consumer lens, which is not quite as sharp as L series lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Grmo
Apprentice

Thanks for your quick replies. As I thought this wasn't his best idea 🙂 unfortunetly in our family noone is An expert regarding cameras. But father in law was amazed that for the low price he got a lense which had 16-300mm 😀. Thanks for your help and thoughts 🙂 

@Grmo wrote:

Thanks for your quick replies. As I thought this wasn't his best idea 🙂 unfortunetly in our family noone is An expert regarding cameras. But father in law was amazed that for the low price he got a lense which had 16-300mm 😀. Thanks for your help and thoughts 🙂 

He had the right idea, I think.  The zoom ratio of that lens is almost 20 to 1, longest to shortest focal lengths.  Such a large zoom ratio is usually achieved at a price, which is typically image quality.  

Look at the zoom ratios of the lenses that I linked to at Canon USA..  The best zoom lenses have low zoom trails, typically 3 or 4 to one, or less.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" But father in law was amazed that for the low price he got a lense which had 16-300mm"

You know the old saying if sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.  You have a first rate camera and it needs a first rate lens.  That is almost a certainty, a Canon brand lens made for EF.  It has to have the letters E and F in it's name.  Nothing else. No S or no M or no R.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements