cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamron SP 24-70 f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens and Canon 6D Mark II

sustain
Apprentice

I recently purchased a new Canon 6D Mark II and was hoping that the Tamron lens would work on it. It fits ok but I only see a small square of light coming through the lens, no images. Are there any compatibilty issues here? Anything I can do to fix the problem. Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM is extremely sharp..."

Absolutely but curiosity is why I buy and try and use others.

BTW, b&w is not a great example to prove sharpness. Contrasty edges tend to make a poor photo look sharp even when it isn't.

I am surprised to hear you say that.  What you say was true in the film era.  In the age of digital images, color requires more bits per pixel..  Given equivalent file size limits, a digital black and white image icon typically havea a much higher resolution than a color image.

Instead of devoting 24 bits per pixel for a color image, a B&W image can get away with only 8 or 10 bits per pixel.  This means I can fit for more black and white pixels than color pixels into a fixed file size limit.  I limited the black and white image to 6 bits per pixel, so the full resolution image fit under the file size limits.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements