cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take any cool 4th of July fireworks photos. Post here with data.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

_52D3364.jpg_52D3368.jpg_DS31898.jpg_DS31913.jpg_DS31926.jpg_DS31936.jpg_DS31966.jpg

All shot with a Canon 1D Mk IV and ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM II lens set to manual focus and 70mm.  ISO 160, f8 to f11,

2 to 4 sec SS.  Mounted on a Manfrotto tripod with gimbal head.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
11 REPLIES 11

My wife heard on TV that a barge load of fireworks blew up in Plymouth, Massachusetts last night. If anybody managed to catch that, post it!

That, BTW, in why (in this area at least) they put fireworks on barges.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

My wife heard on TV that a barge load of fireworks blew up in Plymouth, Massachusetts last night. If anybody managed to catch that, post it!

That, BTW, in why (in this area at least) they put fireworks on barges.

I saw cell phone video of that barge explosion on the network news shows this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey B from Boston,

Boston was the beginning of all of this.  They must of had a real show?  So let's see some from you!

Fireworks are big out here.  There must have been 20+ firework shows around the area.  All spectacular.

EB

The shows I wished to attend over the weekend were either rained out, or over an hour's drive away.

ScottyP
Authority

Fireworks July 2, 2016 Beaver County (1 of 1).JPG

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

Fireworks July 2, 2016 Beaver County (1 of 1).JPG

Very nice. It isn't easy to get both the fireworks and the background with such clarity.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Scott,

It is a grand photo but would you care to "Post here with data." part of the thread title?  How you made it?  With what gear?

EB

Oops.

I used a 6d.  Lens was the 24-105 f/4L.  ISO 100. 10 second exposure. Aperture was f/11 I am pretty sure.  Manual focus at infinity.  Zoom was at approximately 35mm.  Giottos ball head on Benro tripod, tipped over to portrait orientation. 

The he early shots are better than later ones because quite a haze of smoke built up as the show went on, and also because there was still the faintest little bit of sunset light at the beginning. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

Oops.

I used a 6d.  Lens was the 24-105 f/4L.  ISO 100. 10 second exposure. Aperture was f/11 I am pretty sure.  Manual focus at infinity.  Zoom was at approximately 35mm.  Giottos ball head on Benro tripod, tipped over to portrait orientation. 

The he early shots are better than later ones because quite a haze of smoke built up as the show went on, and also because there was still the faintest little bit of sunset light at the beginning. 

LIKE!  Love the camera.  Like the photo.  Like brand of tripod.  Benro/Induro have treated me well.  They make gear that's my size!

If there had been a full moon shinging down on the landscape, you would have captured even more details.

Announcements