cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Portraits with 60D

abesau
Apprentice

Proyect: Taking portrait pictures for a yearbook.

I volunteered to take pictures for a small church, but I don't

know all the people.  So I have this dilema.

How to tag pictures within the 60D with names or a number?

That way when I get to lay out the yearbook, I can match the right name

with the right portrait.

Or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you help

Newbie, inexperienced photographer.

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

Easiest way is to simply hold up a white board, or piece of paper or some sort of identification before each person and take a photo of it.  That way you have a record right in with your files.

Alternately, you can double check that you have the time correctly set on your camera, and you're assistant's wrist watch, and have them write down the name and time, and you can double check in post as needed.  Helps if you know some of the people so you can double check everything matches up periodically.

Or, assuming that you're shooting tethered to a Laptop - which I highly recommend - you can go in and edit the file name or meta data to add a name, but I'd find this extremely disruptive to my flow.

JonKline
Enthusiast

A white board where they write their name is a good way to go if you don't have an assistant.

The last time I did a cattle call like this, I was able to put all the photos up online in one folder, and then let the individuals choose their favorite shot and send it to the publisher. The less responsibility for you, the better. 🙂