cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issue after camera stops?

jaymack
Enthusiast

I have a 60d and just got a Tascam recorder. It all works fine but I've worked only on HD cameras with audio. My question, awkwardly asked, is how do I keep in sync when 60d shuts at 12 min. I know I just press button again, but since audio is separate how can I sync the new 12 min. Most obvious is a clap or similar, but if I'n doing an interview I can't get up and clap in front of the camera every 12 minutes? There must be something I'm missing.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jaymack!

Thanks for posting.

There is not a special way to sync the audio that I am aware of.  When you record audio separately and it is continuous, while the video has gaps every 12 minutes, all you can do is sync the audio to the video in post.  The best way to do this is some sort of audio/visual cue, either from you clapping or using a clapboard. 

You may also consider using a camcorder instead of a DSLR.  It will give you continuous video long enough for an entire interview so your audio and video will remain in sync.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements