cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from different WiFi setting on EOS 6D

Lolodab
Apprentice

Hello, 

I defined two profiles for WiFi connections on my EOS 6D with one toward iPhone and one toward iPad but when I change of setting, each time the new device is not allowed to connect and I’m forced to reset the connection parameter and to set new password. I tried also to set same password for both iPhone and iPad but it doesn’t work. 

Has anybody had the same issue and found the solution to ease working with two different WiFi settings ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Lolodab wrote:

Hello, 

I defined two profiles for WiFi connections on my EOS 6D with one toward iPhone and one toward iPad but when I change of setting, each time the new device is not allowed to connect and I’m forced to reset the connection parameter and to set new password. I tried also to set same password for both iPhone and iPad but it doesn’t work. 

Has anybody had the same issue and found the solution to ease working with two different WiFi settings ?

Thanks

What apps are you running on the mobile devices?

Are you using the hotspot feature in the mobile devices, or are you using a shared wireless access point?  I can connect to multiple wireless devices by using a shared access point.  The camera only needs one wireless connection configuration.  

I have never tried it with multiple wireless configurations in the camera   If I am not mistaken, you should be able to save a setup for each wireless connection.  You would have to tell the camera which connection to use, just as you would tell a computer which wireless network to join.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hello

Thank you Waddizle

I don’t use my home WiFi and use the hotspot in order to be able to connect even not at home and I’ve registered the different settings for each device but when I use one connection different than the previous one, each time I have a message from iPad or iPhone telling that password is wrong and I have to redefine all the hotspot connection parameters.

@Lolodab wrote:

Hello

Thank you Waddizle

I don’t use my home WiFi and use the hotspot in order to be able to connect even not at home and I’ve registered the different settings for each device but when I use one connection different than the previous one, each time I have a message from iPad or iPhone telling that password is wrong and I have to redefine all the hotspot connection parameters.

I dunno.  I do not have two mobile devices to test it like that.  

You might try turning the Wi-Fi off, and then back on when you want to switch from one device to the other.  If you are not actively using Wi-Fi, it is a good idea to turn it off to reduce battery drain.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements