Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Strange problem with Record Func. Rec. separately

On my 5D Mark IV, I set my Record Function to Rec Separately.  Then I go to Image quality and set my CF to Raw and my SD to JPG Medium Fine. 

If I turn off my camera without removing either card and then turn it back on, the Image quality on both cards are now set to JPG Large fine. 

I have repeated this over and over to make sure it is really doing this.  Yet, I've had 2 people to do this on their own 5D Mark IVs and they say that when they turn theirs back on, the settings are still CF - Raw and SD - JPG Medium Fine.  

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I use the above settings when I tether to Lightroom.  If I set up early for my client, before I begin the session I have to remember to reset the image qualities when I turn the camera back on. 

Early yesterday morning I grabbed my camera because there were 3 swans on the lake.  I forgot that I had a tethered session the day before.  It was early so I totally forgot to reset the the image quality.  All of my images were jpgs.  So sad...

Any advice would be so appreciated.

Pamela

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Strange problem with Record Func. Rec. separately

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Strange problem with Record Func. Rec. separately