cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes we photographers are asked...........

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

.....to shoot under less than ideal conditions. No matter the stalwart photographer endures.

Pretty heavy and consistent rain going on since 3 PM yesterday.  It is now game time at 7 PM.  It is Senior Night and the last home game of the season.  Nevertheless ...........

_52D1112-Edit.jpg

..... the game must go on.

A few precautions should be taken even though the EOS 1D Mk IV along with its ef 24-70mm f2.8L is fully weather sealed.

A simple plastic bag, or freezer bag, with a girls hair squshy work very well as a raincoat.  The intrepid photographer wears a rainproof poncho.

IMG_0003.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Looks to me like he had a ball.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Looks to me like he had a ball.

I doubt that anybody ever accused Ernie Biggs of not knowing how to enjoy photography.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Well it is true, the simple ones are ho-hum.  But these present a challenge.  The worse rain event I ever did was in the aftermath of hurricane Ivan a few years ago.  I can actually look forward to not doing that kind of rain again!

One other time we got caught in a sudden snow storm in the Colorado mountains.  It became a total white out.  If you haven't experienced a 'real deal' white out, I can tell you, you don't want to!  That time it was my F1n that was my trusty companion.  We made it back to base camp, both unharmed but it was touch and go there for a few hours.  And I would have given odds we weren't going to make it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements