cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some images will not upload to Facebook album

Jerrin1
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have encountered a perplexing problem in the last few days. Until a few days ago I had no problem uploading images on my PC to Facebook in order to create an album. I use a Canon 7D mark 11 and a Canon 70D coupled with Canon 100 - 400mm f4.5/5.6L IS 11 USM and Canon 300mm f2.8L IS USM lenses. Suppose I wish to create an album of 20 images, maybe 10 will upload but the other 10 will not. There is no pattern, it is not necessarily the first 10 that upload: in fact, it is not possible to determine which ones will or won't.

Yesterday, I took 9 images using the 7D mark 11 and 300mm lens, processed them through DPP4, as normal, then tried to upload them to a Facebook album. The first 8 uploaded but the 9th did not. Facebook eventually showed a square with the word 'oops' where the image should have appeared. I even attempted to upload three images from my PC which already formed part of an existing Facebook album; but only one of the tree images uploaded this time!

The drivers etc on my PC appear to be up to date.

I would be most grateful if someone has an answer. Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

If you haven't already, you might try downsizing copies of your images to something like 1600x1200 before uploading.

You might also try using a different browser for uploading. I've found IE to be balky sometimes and have had better luck with Firefox or Torch browsers.

Announcements