cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some features not working

Cahoon38
Contributor

Hi:

I have an EOS 70D which I bought new in 15'  and really haven't used very much. Now there are some featurs that aren't working which I need to use. One is that the Mirror lockup doesn't work. Also, can't erase any pic via the erase button.

I can erase but I have to go to the menu and scroll over to one of the icons and even then can only erase if I erase everything on the card.

There are so many features on this camera that I wonder if I turned someting off by mistake.

Any suggestions OR do I have to send it in for repair?

Thanks for replies

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First do a factory reset.  Under the Tools menu tab, do a clear all settings.

If that doesn't restore the camera call Canon support 1 (800) 652-2666 for service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ebiggs: thanks for the reply

Make sure that you are in one of the "Creative zone" modes (P, Tv, Av, M). Many features are locked out in the other modes like green square. including custom functions.

KvBarkley:

Thanks for the reply. I almost use the M mode exclusively.

diverhank
Authority

You might want to double check and see if

1. the switch is not on a lock position

2. You didn't inadvertently protect all images on the menu

The mirror lockup usage is often misunderstood.  After you enable the mirror lockup feature on the menu. Nothing will happen until you fully depress the shutter button, then the mirror will come up.  To take the picture, you must press the shutter button again.

I never use the mirror lockup.  In situations I need to avoid shock from the mirror, I'd use live view - the mirror by design is locked and I get to see what I will get via live view...that's a win win in my book.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements