cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow shutter release

graysonmarkd1
Apprentice

I own tow cannon 80D camera bodies so I can keep each with a diffenent lense when my subject changes from far away to close. One of my 80D bodies shutter release works fine in automatic + mode but is very slow when I change to AV or other special modes. This contributes to picture blur. What is casing this? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" One of my 80D bodies shutter release works fine in automatic + mode but is very slow when I change to AV or other special modes."

This is not enough information for anybody to make a conclusion.  First I would reset the camera(s) to factory settings.  Menus, tool, clear all setting and all custom settings.  Try your shots again.

But with out detailed specifications and settings no one can tell you if there is a problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Assuming you don't have mirror lockup on, it is usually because of difficulty in focusing.

Thanks for the reply but not I don't have it in lockup mode

@kvbarkley wrote:

Assuming you don't have mirror lockup on, it is usually because of difficulty in focusing.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" One of my 80D bodies shutter release works fine in automatic + mode but is very slow when I change to AV or other special modes."

This is not enough information for anybody to make a conclusion.  First I would reset the camera(s) to factory settings.  Menus, tool, clear all setting and all custom settings.  Try your shots again.

But with out detailed specifications and settings no one can tell you if there is a problem.

EB

Thank you I haven’t tried that yet. I have tried adjusting my IOS, speed, and F stop but it still has a slow release like there isn’t enough light entering the Aperture.

Does it it happen when the lens is set to Manual focus?

And it is a Canon lens, right?

Slow shutter speed and slow shutter release are two different problems. Just which is yours?

Thank you for your recommendations and resetting the camera and clearing C1 and C2 did the trick. Kind of strange this happened but this puts both camera bodies back into my camera case. Thank you very much

Great! Smiley Happy

Sometimes you just hit a button or setting without realizing it and stuff happens.  Glad all is well.

EB
Announcements