cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter actuations for Canon 1Ds Mk III

moisote
Apprentice

How can I determine the total number of shutter actuations for my 1Ds Mk III ?  Does it really require getting some specialty software ?

34 REPLIES 34

David
Enthusiast

Like the 1D mkIII you will need to send it to Canon for an accurate shutter count.

Scatterbrained
Enthusiast

eoscount will not give an accurate shutter count for the 1D III (I tried) or the 1Ds III (I heard).

michaelPH46
Apprentice

Every where I searched I got incorrect advice from everyone. Seems people like to hear themselves talk when they cannot answer factually and accurately. If you want the shutter count on a canon eos 1ds mark 3, go to this site. I got an accurate count there.  http://shuttercounter.com/

@michaelPH46 wrote:

Every where I searched I got incorrect advice from everyone. Seems people like to hear themselves talk when they cannot answer factually and accurately. If you want the shutter count on a canon eos 1ds mark 3, go to this site. I got an accurate count there.  http://shuttercounter.com/

Not to be argumentative (and I wouldn't dream of offering you unsolicited advice), but given the uncertainty that seems to dog this issue, how exactly do you know that the count you got from that site is accurate?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I just went to that site and they came back with a shutter count of 2,714.

I have had this camera since 2009, shoot nearly every day, some times averaging 2,400 shutter clicks per day. I have taken so many pictures it is insane. 

So I think that shuttercounter.com is NOT a reliable source for a EOS 1D Mark 3

Previz wrote:..I have had this camera since 2009, shoot nearly every day, some times averaging 2,400 shutter clicks per day. I have taken so many pictures it is insane.
No argument here. Smiley Happy

@Previz wrote:

I have had this camera since 2009, shoot nearly every day, some times averaging 2,400 shutter clicks per day. I have taken so many pictures it is insane. 

Then we can take half your estimated daily average at 1200 clicks

We'll date back to mid 2009: 5.33 years

Add in 2 days of leap year

And come up with 2.33 million actuations.

🙂

"So I think that shuttercounter.com is NOT a reliable source for a EOS 1D Mark 3"

And I think you are correct, sir.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements