cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter Engagement Issue with 7DII

mjschocken
Enthusiast

I have a Canon 7D11 which I purchased on 12/31/2017.  In the field this morning, I hit the shutter button and got no response.  (I do mainly bird photography and have it in continuous [servo] mode).  I turned the camera off, turned it back on and I did get the usual response.  A few seconds later, again it would not respond.  Turned it off, turned it on and it was okay.  It was okay for the rest of the morning.  The 7DII literature claims 200,000 actuations.  I don't know my exact count (apparently you can download a program from Canon which can tell you exact snaps) but I'm sure it's no where near 200,000.  Has anyone experienced something similar?  I've never had to have work done on a shutter but, when you do, is this what happens?  I'm thinking I should call Canon and explain what happened since I probably have a one-year warranty which is soon to expire.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks.  I did talk to Canon and will be sending it to them for inspection and repair.  They offer a one-year warranty and I still have seven days left on it.  How often are you just seven days too late?  I lucked out this time. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

The behaviour you explain is not necessarily a failed shutter, it could be something simple like dirty contacts in the shutter button assembly. As it is still under warranty just send it in for repair.

Thanks.  I did talk to Canon and will be sending it to them for inspection and repair.  They offer a one-year warranty and I still have seven days left on it.  How often are you just seven days too late?  I lucked out this time. 

Announcements