cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter Count for Canon6D

blues
Apprentice

Hi  there!!

I am newbie here, recently bought my Canon 6D . Wondering a smart way to find the shutter count. 

Any help?

Thanks

Blues.

18 REPLIES 18

Skirball
Authority

There are several different third party programs that can tell you what it thinks the shutter count is (there is some debate to accuracy).  Some programs are free, some are not.  One such software would be the aptly named ShutterCount.  No idea if that's a free program or not.  Magic Lantern is free, and I know there's a program used in Astrophotography that can do it that's also free.  You can check there.

hsbn
Whiz

Camera can go wrong in 1000 shutter actuation and it can work fine at 100,000. So if you cannot find it, don't be too hard on yourself. 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Right. Unless you are buying or selling its a case of "It is what it is". Knowing the number won't avoid anything.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You seem to know what you are talking about. How do you find a shutter count for a canon 60d? I just bought a new canon 6d so I want to sell my two canon 60d's

@hmikelson wrote:
You seem to know what you are talking about. How do you find a shutter count for a canon 60d? I just bought a new canon 6d so I want to sell my two canon 60d's

Who me?  HA HA HA.  I just know a LOT about electronics, in general, and digital hardware, in particular.  Your question constantly pops up at least once a month.  There seem to be as many answers as there are inquisitive people looking for the answer. 

The only sure fire way that I am aware of is to send the camera into Canon, and let them tell you.  I know it costs money, but having a recent clean bill of health on the cameras from Canon could make them more valuable to sell.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ok thank you!

cale_kat
Mentor

@blues wrote:

Hi  there!!

I am newbie here, recently bought my Canon 6D . Wondering a smart way to find the shutter count. 

Any help?

Thanks

Blues.

You could pick 3 different programs to "read" 3 shutter counts and then average the result. That would be "smart". JK 🙂

I always check my camera when I buy refurbished cause I want a low count. I haven't been disappointed yet.

@cale_kat wrote:

You could pick 3 different programs to "read" 3 shutter counts and then average the result. That would be "smart". JK 🙂

I always check my camera when I buy refurbished cause I want a low count. I haven't been disappointed yet.

It's been my understanding that they all get the data from the same source, so they will all either be correct or incorrect.  That said, I haven't really paid attention to it, because as noted above, it really doesn't impact me unless I'm buying/selling used, and even then it's of limited value.

Thanks for the Responses. I am not worries about the count but just curios to find out. I will do some search and try with a 3rd party app.

Blues

Announcements