cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter Count for 60D

jazzman1
Rising Star

I've searched the web and googled to find a program that can tell me my shutter count on my Canon 60D.  I only found 2 solutions, Eoscount, and Magic Lantern.   I tried Eoscount and it would'nt work, I think because my Pc is Windows 8.1 64 bit.  It seems to work well with windows 7.   I'm kind of leery to use Magic Lantern while my Camera is still under warranty.   Does anyone know a program to find shutter count, or anyother way I can find my shutter count????. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

PM sent.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59

Peter
Authority
Authority
EosCount (not free), Magic Lantern (free) or send it to Canon (not free).

ferrarofilms
Apprentice

Found Shuttercount on Itunes Store, 3 US$ and works flawlessly

Have two 70D bodies, one for timelapse, needed to know, it has 112K, still working fine after 2 years

B-Time
Apprentice

Hi John. I haven't had luck with other shutter count options. Would be greatly appreciated if you could share your solution. Thank you!

PM sent.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

HI John

i have a canon 60D. can you please help me to find out shutter count?

regards

Tumur G

I use a piece of software called (oddly enough) "Shutter Count" and I want to say it was by a company called "Dire Studios".

It wasn't "free", but it wasn't particularly expensive... I seem to recall it set me back by about $2 (the price may have changed... but I didn't have to make too many adjustments to retirement plan to be able to afford it.)

Being able to retrieve the shutter count is only moderately useful... it is not necessarily an indication that a shutter is ready to fail (there are lots of cameras that go well beyond the expected shutter life and there are shutters that fail well short.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Could you please help me too,  to find out the shutter count of EOS 60D.

Regards

Sijo

Please PM me the shutter count mechanism.

Thanks

See message 35 above. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

See message 35 above. 

One further thought: The usual reason for wanting the shutter count is so that if you're selling the camera, you can brag about how low it is. But no buyer is going to believe the count unless it's certified by Canon. If you're the buyer, you shouldn't either.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements