cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter Count Canon 6D Mark II

WeBBy
Apprentice

This is my daughters camera. Trying to sell it for her and peeps want to know the shutter count.

For the life of me, I have downloaded more porgrams that I care to count and spent more hours than I care to remember and still cannot find any way that works on this model.

I have tried:

CanonEosDigitalInfo_v1.4_SDK_v2.14

CanonEosDigitalInfo_v1.4_SDK3.5

EDSDK

EOSinfo.exe

eoscount

eosmsg

freeshuttercount

and a few more that I have deleted

None of them even detect the camera even though the computer does )USB Connection)

Any suggestions - advice?

Thanx

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Look into ShutterCount by Dire Studio.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hate to spend $7.00 for single use and never to use again, but if that is the only option ....
Couldn't even give to my daugher cause she has an android (I have iphone) and she's in Kenya atm

I know that software works. I have used it on several cameras and compared the reading from Canon and ShutterCount the day they were returned from Canon.

If that is the only way you can sell the camera then its a cost of doing business.

But, I agree with everyone who says that is obsession over shuttercount is foolish. More important is how the camera was treated. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanx will give it a try

Late reply...

>>>>  Walk Away.  Seriously.

Your comment "I have downloaded more porgrams than I care to count and spent more hours than I care to remember " says it all.

People who think they are somehow being clever asking you to prove shutter count on a "daughters" used camera are not worth your time.  If your daughter doesn't work for Sports Illustrated, they don't have anything to worry about if the camera was cared for.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Actually I'm a volume photographer and I care about shutter count because I ride'em hard and put'em up wet. If I bought a used camera with a high shutter count, it would be of little to know value to me. I am putting high mileage on mine and about to buy a gently used one in an emergency...so there are cases where shutter count...well counts.

"... so there are cases where shutter count...well counts."

Even though it may be incorrect? Even though the original owner may have only done video?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@artinspiredtn wrote:

Actually I'm a volume photographer and I care about shutter count because I ride'em hard and put'em up wet. If I bought a used camera with a high shutter count, it would be of little to know value to me. I am putting high mileage on mine and about to buy a gently used one in an emergency...so there are cases where shutter count...well counts.

Let Canon do it.  If it were easy for users to read, then it would also be easy for users to change it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Shutter count is a slippery slope. It leads to the inevitable questions of when was the count measured, and how much has it been used since the count was measured.

Of course, the next question is how was the count measured. And, that is when the useless back and forth begins to wear on you.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements