cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shure FP33 mixer with a wireless and shotgun mic setup going directly into a 70D?

epdave
Apprentice

Has anyone used a Shure FP33 mixer with a wireless and shotgun mic setup going directly into a 70D? Do I use line or Mic in's and out's?

Dave

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello epdave,

While someone posting here through the forum in a consumer capacity may have done testing with this, we don't perform testing through Canon. 

If this is an urgent technical support matter I would recommend contacting Canon through our web site, linked here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JonKline
Enthusiast

While I haven't used this equipment specifically, I can tell you that you want to use high gain (or line level) before you get to the camera's preamps.  All of Canon's DSLRs sound much nicer when you don't have to push them for gain.  I suggest turning the camera's input level down to near minimum, and then adjusting the output of your mixer to get levels that look and sound good.

Thanks I have been working it pretty well, it took awhile to figure what end to increase and decrease.

Dave

Announcements