cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting video in HDR mode

junior166745151
Contributor

I shot some video in HDR mode, I didn't download the footage yet. The question that I have is does video recording in HDR mode will produce HDR video footage? Has anyone tried it? and what were the results?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Skirball
Authority

Are you using the Magic Lantern hack?  What do you mean that you shot video in HDR mode?  I don't think anyone is marketing a DSLR that shoots HDR video...  but it's not really my field, so I could certainly be mistaken.  On a normal Canon DSLR if you're in HDR mode and switch to video I'm sure it just turns the HDR off.

I have failed to mention that I have a 6D, no magic lantern. Yes that right I put the dial on HDR then switched to video and started recording. So your saying that the camera shuts the HDR feature off.? If so what is the camera setting if its off?

Thanks

I can't say I've tried it on my 6D, I've never even tried the in-camera HDR, but I'm fairly confident that it doesn't function in video mode.  I'm kind of surprised it even lets you select it.  

What do you mean, what is the camera setting if it's off?  It would function in standard video mode.

hsbn
Whiz
No it's not shooting in HDR mode. It's the setting for still, no effect on video.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you all for your response you have answered my questions.
Announcements