cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting on 25FPS / Mark ii

vegas123
Apprentice

Dear All,

How can I shoot 25FPS on my 5D Mark ii? Will I need to install Magic Lantern (I have once tried and failed unfortunately)? Thank you very much in advance!!
Marc

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you mean shoot video?  Put the camera into Movie Mode, and then the menu option to change frame rate and image size should become available, if they are not already available when the camera is not in Movie Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Will I need to install Magic Lantern ..."

I never tell people or recommend anybody install ML.  Too many problems, and fatal ones, can happen.

Canon does not recommend it either,

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I never tell people or recommend anybody install ML.  Too many problems, and fatal ones, can happen.

Has anyone ever documented a fatal problem with ML? Wikipedia doesn't say so. And they seem to suggest that Canon's negative reaction to ML has actually been rather tepid.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"Will I need to install Magic Lantern (I have once tried and failed unfortunately)?"

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Has anyone ever documented a fatal problem with ML? Wikipedia doesn't say so. And they seem to suggest that Canon's negative reaction to ML has actually been rather tepid.

I would consider the OP's failure to install ML to be fortunate, assuming they were able to restore the camera.

LOL.  Did you just cite Wikipedia?  Smiley Very Happy  If I were Canon, I would pretty much ignore ML, too.  Because the big selling point for ML is that Canon under designs their gear.  "Look at what you're missing out on." 

Personally, I suspect that ML pushes some of the hardware beyond its' design limits.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements