cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup menus EOS 5D MKIII DISAPPEAR

Luisfbc
Apprentice

My camera was working well and on the other day I can only access basic (A mode) menus

on the other modes not appears on LCD, or I can access the card.

Did anyone has a clue to that?

To reset to factory settings I need the other pages so I’m stuck with this

The A mode is working, but it’s all I got

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to pull the main battery, memory card(s), and even the clock battery, then let the camera sit for 30+ minutes to do a thorough system reset.

The clock battery is in the input/output side of the camera in a small compartment. You will need a small Phillips screwdriver. If that doesn't work call Canon support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I don’t think you need a screwdriver.  

Turn the camera off.  Remove the battery and memory card(s).   Be sure to close the doors!  Turn on the power switch.  Press the shutter all the way down, and hold it there for at least 10 seconds.  

Turn the power switch to off.  Install the battery and memory cards, and turn the camera on.  This should completely reset the camera to the point where it will prompt you to enter date and time.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sorry, this not work. I'll try taking the Clock Battery out.

but thank yo anyway

Removing all the batteries and cards and lenses is the only way to truly reset it.  Leave them out for a long time, an hour isn't even too long.  However, your camera may just be broke and even that won't fix a broken camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Removing all the batteries and cards and lenses is the only way to truly reset it.  Leave them out for a long time, an hour isn't even too long.  However, your camera may just be broke and even that won't fix a broken camera.

I’m not sure if the current camera designs even include a separate clock battery, anymore.  Clock chips no longer draw so much current that necessitate the use of a separate battery.  The current trend is to use a capacitor to store a charge, which is not even user replaceable.  It is soldered onto the circuit board.

I have seen Canon Moderators often post the procedure that I described.  If it did not work, then it is time to contact Canon Support to get the camera checked out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Luisfbc wrote:

My camera was working well and on the other day I can only access basic (A mode) menus

on the other modes not appears on LCD, or I can access the card.

Did anyone has a clue to that?

To reset to factory settings I need the other pages so I’m stuck with this

The A mode is working, but it’s all I got

Be sure to try pushing the "Info" button a few times, if you haven't already.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements