cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting copyright on M50

SophM
Apprentice

I've heard that it's a good idea to copyright ones pictures before posting them online.  I've looked up tutorials on how to do it on a M50, but Imdon't seem to have that option on my camera.  The tutorials show the option under tab 5  of Function Settings, but I only have 4 tabs on my camera. Am I missing somthing?

20 REPLIES 20

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"...within a minute they had referenced me as the photographer."

That still does not make it legal or give them the right to use your work, at least not here in the US. They need written permission to use them.

Well, since I emailed them and said in the email that I was OK for them to use the images for this article, I think they were on safe ground.  The paddle group for cancer sufferers is something I am very happy to support.  My understanding is that they got the images from the paddle boarding site and the EXIF data was not on the images - likely the result of how they were put on the site to begin with - so with the site's permission they went ahead.

This is part of the problem of putting images on the web - the images can be forwarded, copied and stripped of their EXIF data and so become annonymous.   I am, however, writing to my contact at the paddle board site and asking that they include a note with any of my images assigning the copyright to me.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements