cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting RAW on a 60D

mmkbx75
Contributor

When I try to set the camera to shoot RAW (in the Quality Menu) whether I use the main dial or the quick adjustment dial it is the JPEG setting that gets adjusted.  Unable to set the camera to shoot RAW

14 REPLIES 14

" I will try it this weekend and see what other questions I have."

Bring'em on!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My wife swears by Picassa.  She generally uses a P&S and the only editing she does is to straighten images.  Anyway, last night she looked on their website and read that Picassa will handle Canon RAW files.  I might do a test on her computer, but do you have any experience with Picassa and CR2 files?

Thanks

Picasa and a P&S were made for each other.  It should work fine for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Picassa is working fine for my wife's P&S.  not sure that it will do what I need for my 60D.

@mmkbx75 wrote:

Great,

I have v12 of PSE so that should not be a problem.  I will try it this weekend and see what other questions I have.

That Elements version was just released last September and is current, so it should work fine with a 60D CR2 file without any need for an update. The 60D is now 3 or 4 year old camera model. The 70D might need an update, since it was released close to the same time as that version of Elements.

However, it's always a good idea to keep the software up to date and wouldn't hurt to install the latest ACR.  

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

Announcements