Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Sensor cleaning and strange noise, or no noise

Hello, new here.

So I just bought a 6d from having a t3i, and on auto sensor cleaning I don't hear anything like I did with the t3i. But when I force a clean now, It clicks instead of the "twinkle or fairy dust" sound the t3i made on auto clean. In fact on auto I don't hear anything.

The screen shows it's cleaning on auto and clean now,  but the clicking sound it makes  with clean now  is sorta concerning.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Sensor cleaning and strange noise, or no noise

@Shanethomas wrote:

Hello, new here.

So I just bought a 6d from having a t3i, and on auto sensor cleaning I don't hear anything like I did with the t3i. But when I force a clean now, It clicks instead of the "twinkle or fairy dust" sound the t3i made on auto clean. In fact on auto I don't hear anything.

The screen shows it's cleaning on auto and clean now,  but the clicking sound it makes  with clean now  is sorta concerning.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

Contact Canon Support.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Valued Contributor

When you do a forced clean, the mirror goes up and returns, that is the click you hear.

Normal cleaning is silent, it doesn't sound as though you have a problem at all.

New Contributor

Ah, that makes sense.

Thank you.