cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send images to iPad via wi-fi?

CapeCodDan
Enthusiast

I've managed to set up wi-fi on my 80D, and connect with the Canon Camera Connect app to view images and control shooting remotely. Is it possible to do this with my iPad instead of the iPhone? I can't seem to get the camera and the iPad to see each other. Help!

3 REPLIES 3

@CapeCodDan wrote:

I've managed to set up wi-fi on my 80D, and connect with the Canon Camera Connect app to view images and control shooting remotely. Is it possible to do this with my iPad instead of the iPhone? I can't seem to get the camera and the iPad to see each other. Help!

In any one-on-one WiFi situation, the first order of business is to determine who is to be the access point and who the client. If, say, the camera is the client when talking to the phone (not an unusual setup), it may expect the computer to be an access point as well. But personal computers, by default, prefer to be clients. In such a case, either the camera or the computer will probably have to be manually changed to function as an access point. That's usually not difficult to do, but if your knowledge of WiFi technology is sketchy, it can be daunting.

Another possible stumbling block is that WiFi may not function if there is a wired USB connection between the camera and the computer. Typically, you can have one type of connection or the other, but not both.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@CapeCodDan wrote:

I connected my 6D to my iPad2 for remote shooting and focusing about three years ago.  It still work whenever I try it.  Except I am not using Camera Connect.  I do not think it was available, yet.  I am running the EOS Utility, which is available in the Apple Store the last time I checked.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi CapeCodDan,

Connecting your EOS 80D with an iPad is very similar to connecting it to a smartphone.

After choosing the Smartphone (mobile device) icon selecting the Easy Connection method will set the camera to act as the access point. In this mode the camera will emit a Wi-Fi signal the iPad can pick up and connect to using the password provided on the camera's LCD screen during the setup process.

For detailed assistance setting up a Wi-Fi connection between your camera and iPad I recommend contacting our Technical Support HERE.

If you found this response helpful, please click the [Accept As Solution] button to the lower right so others can find it as well.

Announcements