cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save RAW file in another format? Like ddmmyy_9999.CR3

AdoNetok
Contributor

For Canon 90D, default RAW file name is IMG_9999.CR3. (9999 is digital number, incresing by 1, e.g. 1001, 1002)

Is it possible to save it in another format? Like ddmmyy_9999.CR3?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera is limited to using 8 characters, plus a file extension.  You can rename files however you want when you download them from the camera using the EOS Utility 3.  It will be done automatically as each file is downloaded, it will be renamed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Is EOS Utility 3 only working in WIFI?

@AdoNetok wrote:

Is EOS Utility 3 only working in WIFI?

If you wish to use a USB cable, you can connect via USB.  In fact, I would recommend USB over Wi-Fi because it is faster.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

USB over Wi-Fi ?

How to do it?

No, you cannot transmit "USB over WIFI."* He means that USB is a better way to transfer pictures than WiFi.

*(Though there might be some extenders which do this)

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Lightroom will do exactly as you want.  Lightroom lets your replace the generic file names used by your camera with names that are more relevant or useful to you. It will rename one or a 1,000 or 10,000 files all at once.  I rename my files when I'm importing them. In fact I have several parameters I do upon import so all is done automatically.

I, too, prefer USB over wi-fi.  Even when I am out on assignment and using my laptop I use USB. In fact an active USB cable will let you do so from a considerable distance. A lot longer distance than wi-fi will.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements