cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTEM STATUS DISPLAY

Markeran
Contributor

Hi

I recently got a new 1DX2 body - It was ordered from Canon as the dealer did not have it in stock and I was there when it was delivered. In other words it was not handled in any way by the dealer.

What I find strange is that the "system Status display" indicates a shutter release cycle of "equal or less" to 1000. (<1000)

I find it strange that it does not indicate at most a two digit number as the body was (I know for sure) never used before and left the Canon warehouse directly to the dealer.

Or would it be that Canon put each new 1DXII to a few hundred cycles to make sure everything's fine prior shipment?

Thanks for your comments!!! - Mark

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I believe it increments in units of 1000. Anything from ) to 999 would be less than 1000.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mr_Fusion
Enthusiast

My understanding is Canon consecutively numbers each shot. This feature goes to 10,000 (9999) then reverts to 0. If your first photo was higher than #1, then some pictures have been taken.  These though may just be test shots by Canon QC. If it is a low enough number, I wouldn't lose any sleep; you should still be good for another 250,000 shots. If the number is high enough I might call Canon for a deeper explanation.

Good Day to All,

For interest's sake I received a reply from Canon :

The number stated in the number of shutter cycles (menu : system status display) of a new 1DX mark II is indeed <1000 

Thanks to all for your comments.

Best Regards - Mark

Announcements