cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card cover on 70D

rbmii
Apprentice

I need to replace a broken SD card cover on my 70D.  The parts are readily available, but instructions are not.  I do not see a easy way to do it.  Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@rbmii wrote:

I need to replace a broken SD card cover on my 70D.  The parts are readily available, but instructions are not.  I do not see a easy way to do it.  Can anyone help?

Experiment on an old secondary camera body, not your primary body.  Let Canon fix it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sometimes it is penny wise and pound foolish to try repairs you know nothing about.

Send it to Canon have them fix the door and do a C&C. It will come back looking and working like new.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tim
Authority

Hello rbmii, 

If you feel comfortable manually repairing the unit yourself, you can order parts from our Parts Order Center. Bear in mind that, due to liability issues, we are unable to provide you instructions on how to conduct repairs. If you purchase a part, you assume the responsibility of replacing it. Also note that spare parts sold through the Parts Order Center do not come supplied with installation or set up instructions.

The best way to obtain a replacement is to contact Canon's parts department. If you contact them at the number below you will be presented with appropriate prompts for ordering parts:

Phone: (866) 481-2569

Business hours: 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday

If you are unable to obtain parts or replace them yourself, we recommend sending in for service.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements