cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning raw files to eos80d

Paul5228
Apprentice
Hello friends. I would like to return some raw files to the camera in order to process them into “watercolor” jpg. However copying them onto the SD card the camera doesn’t find the files. Any tips?
11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Where did you put them? They need to be in the DCIM->100Canon folder:

files.jpeg

If you have a more complicated folder structure, you may need to go dowh a level.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any tips?"

The camera has an SD, or CF doesn't matter, memory card, you simply need to place the memory card into the card reader on your PC. All you then need to do is copy the pictures you want to transfer to your camera and then paste them into the SD memory card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you both for your kind replies.  I have tried returning the files to the correct folder but I just get the  "No files" message.  I used a freshly formatted SD card, then updated the firmware and still no good.  I am a bit stuck!

If you have edited the raw files in any way then it is possible that the camera will no longer recognise them.

"If you have edited the raw files ..."

I doubt that is a cause.  No editor I know of alters the actual Raw file. The problem is, it is unlikely any editor would understand the edits if they were place inside the Raw file. And certainly no other image viewer would either.  However, I admit I don't use them all.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"If you have edited the raw files ..."

I doubt that is a cause.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

It certainly doesn't work if you make any alterations to the original file name.

Does DPP have the effect your trying to achieve?

I just tried it on my 1D Mk IV.  All jpg worked without problem. No cr2 file did.

I am going to try some more stuff to see why or if.

EB

Thanks for all the thoughts.  Unfortunately it doesn't work with either raw (unedited) or jpg.  

Announcements