cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: Canon must add PC wifi support for EOS 1300D / EOS Rebel T6

Mikke70
Contributor

I basically hate Canon, because they dropped down PC wifi support without reason.

Customers need join together demand this option.

Camera itself not bad, but customer underestimating must stop.

17 REPLIES 17

@Mikke70 wrote:

But USB not wireless.

Wireless is disabled without reason, customers can demand it to enable.

Why all people are so weak, it's ok companys can limit options and take more money from customers.

It you buy new  four door car and back doors are locked. Paying more you can open all doors, but it is different model. You cant open all.

All doors are installed when car come factory, but  backdoors are locked in cheaper model.

It is ok? Soon we can see it, if companys supremacy allowed.

This is silly, because Android communication is more difficult than PC (need extra Android app etc.), so Android dropping and PC keeping is more cheaper than they do otherwise.

I think this need class action

Wifi mean, all same standard equipment can work together, artificial reason not right, it is standarded.

I think in USA  people rights are better then elsewhere, so some layer can keep customers rights.

Do you even know the difference between a WiFi client and an access point? I ask because this article, along with the rest of the drivel you've been writing in this thread, strongly suggests that you don't.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@Mikke70 wrote:

But USB not wireless.

Wireless is disabled without reason, customers can demand it to enable.

Why all people are so weak, it's ok companys can limit options and take more money from customers.

It you buy new  four door car and back doors are locked. Paying more you can open all doors, but it is different model. You cant open all.

All doors are installed when car come factory, but  backdoors are locked in cheaper model.

It is ok? Soon we can see it, if companys supremacy allowed.

This is silly, because Android communication is more difficult than PC (need extra Android app etc.), so Android dropping and PC keeping is more cheaper than they do otherwise.

Wifi mean, all same standard equipment can work together, artificial reason not right, it is standarded.

I think in USA  people rights are better then elsewhere, so some layer can keep customers rights.

You are confused. The T6 MAY have a chip that has integrated WiFi on it. That doesn't mean the rest of the parts needed for WiFi were built into the camera. The camera likely lacks a WiFi antenna. 

Your analogy about a car is off. You bought the 2 door model of the car, and are complaining that a 4 door model of the car is available and your car doesn't have 4 doors.

If you wanted WiFi you should have bought the T6i, not the T6.

Hi, I'm new here, and I have a hard time to understand why people seem to be so overbearing towards the original poster.

I bought the EOS 1300D two days ago, one of the things that sold it to me was that it said "wifi" on the box, and frankly I'm rather disappointed with how this feature is implemented.

some of you postet stuff like "do you even know difference between AP and client" or "there is probably no Antenna", let me respond to that by asking the question: "do you even know the camera this is about?"

The EOS 1300D comes with a build in wifi feature, which allows you to connect to a wifi network, or to be its own Access Point. In both cases the Camera itself is a full member of the network - however depending on what you want to do you have to chose an activity in its menu - such as "connect to smartphone", "print on wireless printer", and a few more.

EOS Tool (the same one you'd use when using it via USB) for the PC supports a wireless connection to cameras on the same network as well - and other Models of the EOS series have a menu entry that allows you to connect to PC, however this specific activity is missing from the list on the EOS 1300D - so while it has everything hardware wise on board to do the wireless the original poster would like to have (and me as well), canon seems to have made a difference on how the PC software connects compared to the Smartphone software, and has not added the setting necessary for this in this cameras firmware.

Now this should be easy enough to add to the firmware by canon (as the tcp/ip stack, and the hardware are already there for connecting to smartphones), and If for any reason this couldn't be changed in the camera (for example limited space for the firmware - which I don't think is the problem) They could even go as far and have the PC Software act in the same way as the smartphone does.

My personal bet is that the only thing thats needed it a specific identification string, as it wouldn't make much sense to build a network feature twice (for smartphone and pc), and canon has on purpose left out this feature.

@ppetermann wrote:

Hi, I'm new here, and I have a hard time to understand why people seem to be so overbearing towards the original poster.

I bought the EOS 1300D two days ago, one of the things that sold it to me was that it said "wifi" on the box, and frankly I'm rather disappointed with how this feature is implemented.

some of you postet stuff like "do you even know difference between AP and client" or "there is probably no Antenna", let me respond to that by asking the question: "do you even know the camera this is about?"

The EOS 1300D comes with a build in wifi feature, which allows you to connect to a wifi network, or to be its own Access Point. In both cases the Camera itself is a full member of the network - however depending on what you want to do you have to chose an activity in its menu - such as "connect to smartphone", "print on wireless printer", and a few more.

EOS Tool (the same one you'd use when using it via USB) for the PC supports a wireless connection to cameras on the same network as well - and other Models of the EOS series have a menu entry that allows you to connect to PC, however this specific activity is missing from the list on the EOS 1300D - so while it has everything hardware wise on board to do the wireless the original poster would like to have (and me as well), canon seems to have made a difference on how the PC software connects compared to the Smartphone software, and has not added the setting necessary for this in this cameras firmware.

Now this should be easy enough to add to the firmware by canon (as the tcp/ip stack, and the hardware are already there for connecting to smartphones), and If for any reason this couldn't be changed in the camera (for example limited space for the firmware - which I don't think is the problem) They could even go as far and have the PC Software act in the same way as the smartphone does.

My personal bet is that the only thing thats needed it a specific identification string, as it wouldn't make much sense to build a network feature twice (for smartphone and pc), and canon has on purpose left out this feature.

You bought a camera two days ago, and already you know it well enough to pontificate so confidently about its alleged omissions. It would seem that either you're a genius or you're bluffing. I don't suppose you'd be willing to satisfy our curiosity by telling us which it is?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@ppetermann wrote:

Just because it says "Wi-Fi" does not mean that it networkable.  The wireless feature is more similar to Bluetooth technology than wireless networking.

You have bought the lowest priced, budget DSLR camera that Canon offers.  You're discovering that you your model doesn't have features found in more expensive Canon DSLRs.

If it is not too late, I suggest you get a refund, and an upgrade.  Do your homework, though.  If you want a networkable camera, it ain't cheap.  Canon sells a WFT accessory that makes select models networkable.  The key phrase is "select models."

The primary purpose of the wireless features in the Rebel line seems to be sharing JPEGs to social media, wireless printing, and storing files in the Canon mass storage device.  The key word in the previous sentences is "JPEGs."

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@ppetermann wrote:

...so while it has everything hardware wise on board to do the wireless the original poster would like to have (and me as well), canon seems to have made a difference on how the PC software connects compared to the Smartphone software, and has not added the setting necessary for this in this cameras firmware.

Now this should be easy enough to add to the firmware by canon (as the tcp/ip stack, and the hardware are already there for connecting to smartphones), and If for any reason this couldn't be changed in the camera...

Should you develop an interest in learning DSLR photography, I believe you'll be very pleased with the entry-level T6. I am. It is meeting my needs perfectly. (And I am pleased with its wifi functionality.)

@Mikke70 wrote:

Of course you do. 

Just curious, what is your cause of action and the extent and nature of your damages?

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

The Canon T6i is the model you want for WiFi, not the T6.

Announcements